The meaning of our symbol
The supreme design, the "Spiral" symbol of vital energy, the source of life and spiritual power, has the same symbolism as the Labyrinth and its dance or his strides. It also symbolizes the endless time, the archetype of renewal and the proof that everything is connected to each other, time, people, events, stories, coincidences.
Prof. Dr. Orfeas K. Peridis Bio
Prof. Dr. Orfeas K. Peridis received his medical degree in 1990 and later completed a MSc in Public Health in 1993, a PhD in Forensic Medicine in 1997 (with the topic being: Identification in Forensic Dentistry histological study) and a BSc degree in Sociology in 2000.
During his career as a forensic medical examiner he has successfully conducted more than 18000 autopsies while working for the police and the public prosecutor’s office. Also have 25 years of experience as a forensic medical examiner, specialize in the Sexual Offences and Public Protection arena.
As a FME he attended reports of rape and serious sexual offences. He has also worked as a forensic medical examiner for several insurance companies.
Moreover, he has 15 years of experience in clinical medicine as he worked as a general doctor as well.
In the past, he has worked as a professor, examiner and marker, teaching anatomy, physiology and pharmacology.
In 2008, he became the 1st forensic medical examiner in Greece who founded a website where topics related to forensic medicine were outlined for the first time.
He is a member of 17 international and domestic professional bodies, the founder and president of the European Institute of Preventive Medicine and Nutrition, the founder of 2 websites and a company.
He is the sole author of 2 books and has contributed to 2 other books. He is currently working as a forensic medical examiner in freelance.
He was born in Peristeri, Athens, in 1957.
In 1975 graduated from Peristeri High School.
From 1982 to 1983 served in the Hellenic Army: [Kalamata – Arta – 401 General Military Hospital of Athens - Limnos]. I hold the rank of Second Lieutenant of the Army Health Services.
In 1983 I entered the Athens University Medical School. I graduated in 1990 with grade “GOOD”.
In 1992 I entered the National School of Public Health from which I graduated in 1993.
In 1994 I obtained a specialty degree in Forensic Medicine.
In 1997 I was awarded my PhD at the Athens University Medical School with grade “VERY GOOD”.
From 1995 to 2005, I worked as a forensic medical expert performing forensic medical expertise acts in several Greek towns upon the order of the Police and the Public Prosecutor.
From 1990 onwards, I have worked as a medical examiner for “SCOPLIFE”, “MINΕΤΤA” and “ETHNIKI” insurance companies.
From 1991 to 1994, I worked as a general doctor at the “MEDICAL CENTRE OF PALAIO FALIRO” and the clinic of Mr. DALIANIS.
In 1998, following placement examinations, I entered the 3rd semester of the Department of Sociology of the Athens Panteio University. I gradua-ted in 2000 with grade “VERY GOOD”.
• 1990, Medical Degree, Athens University Medical School.
• 1993, Degree in Public Health, National School of Public Health.
• 1994, Specialty Degree in Forensic Medicine.
• 1997, PhD from the Athens University Medical School: “Identification in forensic Dentistry histological study”.
• 2000, Degree in Sociology, Athens Panteio University.
• 1974, First Certificate in English (FCE).
• 1975, Certificato di Lingua Italiana.
1. In 1995 – 96, 1996 – 97, 1997 – 98 and 1998 – 99, I presented scie-ntific topics related to my field of study within the framework of the course “CRIMINOLOGY, A THEOLOGICAL APPROACH” at the Department of Social Theology of the Theological School of the University of Athens.
2. In January & February 2001, I presented scientific topics related to my field of study within the framework of the Residency Training Pro-gram organized by the Department of Pathology of the General Hosp-ital of Kiparissia (in Peloponnese).
3. In 29-5-2001, presentation of the topic “Forensic medicine issues related to drowning caused by diving in sea water and diving-related deaths” at the Coast Guard Petty Officers Academy (Skaramagas) of the Ministry of Mercantile Marine.
4. 2006 – to date, teacher of “Anatomy – Physiology – Pharmacology” at Public Institutes for Vocational Training (IEKs) of the Organization for Vocational Education and Training (OEEK).
1. 2000- 2004, Scientific Collaborator of the Chair of Health Services Management at the National School of Public Health working on: ‘road accidents and road users’ behavior under the influence of alcohol; disability rates and consequences on the compensation of the victims by the government from 1995 to 2000”.
2. 2006-2007, examiner and marker of the certification examinations (practical and theoretical part) organized by the Organization for Voca-tional Education and Training (OEEK) for the following specialties:
• MEDICAL/PHARMACEUTICAL REPRESENTATIVE,
• MRI AND RELATED TECHNOLOGIES SPECIALIST,
• SURGERY NURSING.
• Prevention of criminality and victimology [12.4.97, Cultural Centre of the Municipality of Nafplio: “The importance of dental inprints for the identification of the crime”].
• The contribution of municipalities and communities in the prevention of criminality through measures proposed by a new science, victimo-logy [7.5.97, Central Union of Municipalities and Communities of Greece (KEDKE), Amphitheatre of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Athens].
• The role of education in the prevention of criminality and victimiza-tion as seen by forensic medicine [27.4.98, Cultural Centre of the Municipality of Nea Smyrni].
• Environment and Health [21.11.98, Youth and Sports Organization room, Cultural Centre of the Military Academy].
• Health as a countercriminal factor [7.12.98, Cultural Centre of the Municipality of Nea Smyrni].
• Expert medical report on road accidents – Forensic medicine issues [ 21.06.99, Athens Bar Association].
• Prevention and modern treatment of athletic injuries [25–26 Nove-mber 1989, Eugenidis Foundation, Athens]. Participants: O. Peridis, G. Katsifarakis, Th. Kratimenos, A. Kairis, H. Zoumas.
• Risks of blood disorders caused by physical or chemical agents [2 June 1990, Cultural Centre of the Municipality of Athens]. Participants: O. Peridis, S. Drivas, Ch. Chatzis, E. Sarpakis.
• 1st International Conference “Philosophy, Methodology, Ethics and Εconomics in clinical cancer research: experience and perspectives”, [KOS, 14 – 18 MAY 1986, GREECE].
• 1st Panhellenic Conference on Health at Work [5 – 8 November 1986, Hellenic Society of Social Medicine, Athens].
• 1st Conference on Preventive Medicine and Dentistry [25 – 26 Nove-mber 1989, Eugenidis Foundation, Athens].
• 1st Symposium on the Prevention of Blood Diseases [2 June 1990, Cultural Centre of the Municipality of Athens].
• 2nd Panhellenic Conference on Preventive Medicine and Dentistry [23 – 25 November 1990, War Museum of Athens].